Thursday, February 6, 2014

Birthdays

Hello.  I hope everyone is having a great Thursday.

One of my closest friend's son is turning 16 in a couple of months.  I decided to use the number challenge at Sweet N Sassy to make him a card.  I also have a list of Meljen Designs' that I want to play with and this little Topsy Turvy Birthday Cake was on it.  So I combined them.  Then I also used the sketch from Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. I like it when several thoughts combine into one card. 

I knew I wanted the card to be blue so I pulled out my drawer of blue pattern paper.  These two were one of the first that I saw.  I was afraid the card would be too full but I think it came out really good.  The sketch didn't have a button on it but I added it.

I made the card base white.  I went through a phase where I always had a colored card base, but I am now back to using white again.

So here is a complete list of which challenges I will be entering:
   Chocolate Coffee Cards - Sketch
   Sweet N Sassy - Use a Number
   Glitter N Sparkle - Buttons
   Love to Create - Celebrations

Off to finish a few more of these cards.




2 comments:

  1. Love this! My son will be 16 next month so I am thinking about cards for him. :) Thanks for playing along in the SNSS Friday Feature Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Cake is always perfect for male cards!
    Thank you for joining our 2nd Birthday Celebrations / Anniversary Challenge over at Love to Create Challenges this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete